Notes to the Consolidated Financial Statements
1. Basic information and principles of the report
2. Changes in Group structure
3. Summary of significant accounting policies
4. Risk assessment and management
5. Management of capital
6. Trade accounts receivable
7. Other current assets and current financial assets
9. Property, plant and equipment
10. Other non-current assets and non-current financial assets
11. Goodwill and intangible assets
12. Short-term debt
13. Other current liabilities and provisions
14. Long-term debt
15. Financial instruments
16. Retirement benefit plans
17. Participation plans
18. Deferred tax assets and liabilities
19. Other non-current liabilities and provisions
21. Capital stock and treasury shares
22. Earnings per share
23. Other operating expenses, net
|Outbound freight cost and duties||111.3||111.2|
|Energy and maintenance expenses||130.5||132.7|
|Other operating expenses1||149.5||179.5|
|Other operating income||-17.9||-33.2|
|Total other operating expenses, net||567.0||575.5|
1 This item includes expenses for short-term leases of MCHF 5.2 and expenses for minor-value assets of MCHF 0.8 for 2019. For information regarding lease expenses 2018 see Note 26.
“Other operating expenses” includes, among other items, commissions, expenses for short-term leases and leases for minor-value assets, consulting expenses as well as warranty cost. “Other operating income” includes, among other items, insurance benefits received, rental income, gains from sales of fixed assets and subsidiaries and catering revenues.
In 2018, “Other operating expenses” included the costs of a warranty claim that is almost completely covered by insurance. The corresponding insurance benefit was included in “Other operating income”.
In 2019, costs of MCHF 17.5 (PY: MCHF 14.7) were capitalised as property, plant and equipment or intangible assets. This includes, in particular, tools, mould and assembly lines that are part of the production process, as well as capitalised product development cost. The amount was deducted pro-rata from “Personnel expenses”, “Cost of materials” and “Other operating expenses, net”.