Notes to the Consolidated Financial Statements
1. Basic information and principles of the report
2. Changes in Group structure
3. Summary of significant accounting policies
4. Risk assessment and management
5. Management of capital
6. Trade accounts receivable
7. Other current assets and current financial assets
9. Property, plant and equipment
10. Other non-current assets and non-current financial assets
11. Goodwill and intangible assets
12. Short-term debt
13. Other current liabilities and provisions
14. Long-term debt
15. Financial instruments
16. Retirement benefit plans
17. Participation plans
18. Deferred tax assets and liabilities
19. Other non-current liabilities and provisions
21. Capital stock and treasury shares
The share capital of Geberit AG consists of 37,041,427 ordinary shares with a par value of CHF 0.10 each.
Geberit AG launched a share buyback programme on 6 June 2017. Shares in an aggregate amount of up to MCHF 450.0 will be repurchased over a maximum period of three years. The shares will be repurchased via a separate trading line on the SIX Swiss Exchange for the purpose of a capital reduction. By 31 December 2019, 764,551 shares had been repurchased for a total value of MCHF 323.3. This corresponds to 2.1% of the share capital currently entered in the Commercial Register.
|Stock of treasury shares|
|From share buyback programme||764,551||650,801|
|Other treasury shares||269,572||348,381|
|Total treasury shares||1,034,123||999,182|
The entire stock of treasury shares on 31 December 2019 amounted to 1,034,123 (PY: 999,182) with a carrying amount of MCHF 433.4 (PY: MCHF 417.7). Treasury shares are deducted from equity at historical cost.
For transactions in connection with the participation plans, see Note 17.