Sustainability performance report
Geberit’s sustainability reporting is fully integrated in the online Annual Report, as it has been for some years. The company’s systematic and transparent communication on the subject of sustainability is addressed to a range of target groups, including customers and partners, investors, the general public and company employees. Overall, Geberit thus wishes to demonstrate to its stakeholders the many ways in which added value is created. To this end, information is made available at different levels:
- CEO statement on sustainability
- Current Highlights sustainability
- Business and financial review, as part of the Annual Report integrated into the chapters Employees, Customers, Innovation, Production, Logistics and procurement, Sustainability, Compliance and Social responsibility
- Sustainability strategy with objectives, measures and results
- Materiality analysis
- Key figures sustainability
- Communication on Progress UN Global Compact
Since 2007, a sustainability performance review has been published annually in accordance with the guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), currently in accordance with the GRI G4 guidelines.
The information disclosed within the scope of this report fulfils the “comprehensive” transparency grade set out in the GRI G4 guidelines. Sustainability reporting has been subjected to and successfully completed the GRI Materiality Disclosures Service, see GRI label in the formal GRI Content Index. The Report is available in German and English. The German version is binding.
As prescribed by the GRI, a process to determine the material aspects of sustainability based on the aspects defined by the GRI was the strategic starting point. An external stakeholder panel was also consulted in 2012, 2014 and 2016. Its mandate consisted of scrutinising the results of the internal materiality analysis and providing feedback on the sustainability strategy and sustainability communication. The results were summarised in a panel statement. The response from Geberit to the panel statement illustrates how the recommendations are being taken into consideration in the further development of the sustainability strategy and reporting:
- Introduction to the Stakeholder Panel
- Members of the Stakeholder Panel
- Panel statement
- Response from Geberit to the Panel Statement
The next stakeholder panel is planned for 2018.