5. Report profile
G4-28 Reporting period
2017 reporting year.
G4-29 Date of most recent previous report
Geberit published extensive, magazine-like Sustainability Reports in 2004, 2007 and 2010. GRI reporting regarding all GRI G3 guideline requirements at the Level A application stage was published annually for the financial years 2006 to 2013. Reports have been prepared in accordance with the GRI G4 guidelines with the report option “comprehensive” since the report for the financial year 2014. The last report for 2016 is still available online; for reports from previous years, see www.geberit.com > Downloads > Publications.
G4-30 Reporting cycles
Annually as part of the integrated online reporting for a given financial year.
G4-31 Contact point for questions regarding the report or its contents
Should you have any questions concerning sustainability at Geberit, please contact:
Head of Environment and Sustainability
Geberit International AG
Schachenstrasse 77, CH-8645 Jona
Tel: +41 55 221 63 56
G4-32 Reporting option chosen
The reporting implements the GRI G4 reporting option “comprehensive”, see formal GRI-Index.
G4-33 External assurance for the report
There is no external review of the sustainability reporting in its entirety. Instead, individual processes, results and indicators are inspected in detail by external parties:
- The Stakeholder Panel examined the selection of material aspects (see G4-18 and G4-19) see Panel statement and Response from Geberit to the Panel statement.
- Financial reporting is audited by an external auditor, see Financial Report > Financial statements Geberit AG > Report of the statutory auditor.
- Reporting on the energy and greenhouse gas balance sheet is submitted as part of the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and reviewed and assessed as part of the usual evaluation.
- Since 2016, Geberit has also been publishing its detailed water balance as part of the CDP Water Program.
- The Geberit Group has a Group certificate in accordance with ISO 9001 (quality), ISO 14001 (environment) and OHSAS 18001 (occupational health and safety) that is valid until the end of 2018. All 30 Geberit production plants are certified to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. By the end of 2018, all new plants will be integrated into the Geberit management system and the three outstanding plants certified according to OHSAS 18001.
- In 2015, all Geberit companies implemented the European Energy Efficiency Directive 2012/27/EU, with five production plants currently certified to ISO 50001.
- On-site audits (quality, environment, occupational safety) are carried out by Geberit and since 2012 also by certified third-party specialists, see chapter Suppliers.