Sustainability > Sustainability performance report
In the 2013 financial year, Geberit’s sustainability reporting is fully integrated in the online Annual Report for the third year running. The company’s systematic and transparent communication on the subject of sustainability is addressed to a range of target groups, including customers and partners, investors, the general public and company employees. To this end, information is therefore made available at different levels:
- → CEO Statement on sustainability
- Current → Highlights and → Highlights 2012 on the theme of sustainability
- Business and financial review, as part of the Annual Report integrated into the chapters → Employees, → Customers, → Innovation, → Logistics and procurement, → Sustainability, → Compliance and → Social engagement
- → Sustainability Strategy with objectives and measures
- → Key figures sustainability
- → Communication on Progress UN Global Compact
The Sustainability Performance Report brings together all the information and indicators in a systematic overview (GRI Index) in accordance with the guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI). For more detailed information on individual aspects, reference is made in the Report to the above-mentioned elements. The Report is available in German and English. The German version is binding.
Geberit’s sustainability reporting has been assessed with the GRI application level “A Level: GRI Checked” since the 2007 report. The information disclosed within the scope of this report fulfills this maximum transparency grade set out in the GRI G3 guidelines, as has been verified and confirmed by GRI, see → GRI Statement.
As part of sustainability reporting for 2012, Geberit for the first time initiated and consulted a panel of external stakeholders. Its mandate consisted of providing feedback on the company’s Sustainability Strategy and reporting, as well as reviewing whether the key topics were included in the sustainability reporting and whether the needs of the stakeholder groups were taken into consideration. The results also served as a basis for the further development of the Sustainability Strategy and reporting for 2013 and are summarized here:
- → Introduction to the Stakeholder Panel
- → Members of the Stakeholder Panel
- → Panel statement
- → Response from Geberit to the Panel statement
The next Stakeholder Panel consultation is due to be carried out in 2014 and is intended to support Geberit in identifying key sustainability topics for its reporting. This forms an essential part of the transition process for implementation of the new GRI G4 guidelines published in summer 2013.