Geberit’s sustainability reporting is fully integrated in the online Annual Report, as it has been for some years. The company’s systematic and transparent communication on the subject of sustainability is addressed to a range of target groups, including customers and partners, investors, the general public and company employees. To this end, information is made available at different levels:
- CEO Statement on sustainability
- Current Highlights sustainability
- Business and financial review, as part of the Annual Report integrated into the chapters Employees, Customers, Innovation, Produktion, Logistics and procurement, Sustainability, Compliance and Social engagement
- Sustainability Strategy with objectives, measures and results
- Materiality analysis on sustainability
- Key figures sustainability
- Communication on Progress UN Global Compact
Since 2007, a sustainability performance review has been published annually in accordance with the guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI). In this regard, the switch from the GRI G3 to the new GRI G4 guidelines was made in 2014.
The information disclosed within the scope of this report fulfils the “comprehensive” transparency grade set out in the GRI G4 guidelines, as has been verified by GRI, see formal GRI Content Index. The Report is available in German and English. The German version is binding.
As prescribed by the GRI, a process to determine the material aspects of sustainability based on the aspects defined by the GRI was the strategic starting point. An external stakeholder panel was consulted in September 2014 as part of a comprehensive materiality analysis. Its mandate consisted of scrutinising the results of the internal materiality analysis and providing feedback on the sustainability strategy and sustainability communication. The results were summarised in a panel statement. The response from Geberit to the panel statement illustrates how the recommendations are being taken into consideration in the further development of the sustainability strategy and reporting:
- Introduction to the Stakeholder Panel
- Members of the Stakeholder Panel
- Panel Statement
- Response from Geberit to the Panel statement
The next stakeholder panel is planned for 2016.