Notes to the Consolidated Financial Statements
1. Basic information and principles of the report
2. Changes in Group structure
3. Summary of significant accounting policies
4. Risk assessment and management
5. Management of capital
6. Trade accounts receivable
7. Other current assets and current financial assets
9. Property, plant and equipment
10. Other non-current assets and non-current financial assets
11. Goodwill and intangible assets
12. Short-term debt
13. Other current liabilities and provisions
14. Long-term debt
15. Financial instruments
16. Retirement benefit plans
17. Participation plans
18. Deferred tax assets and liabilities
19. Other non-current liabilities and provisions
|Accrued investment grants||2.4||2.9|
|Other non-current liabilities||5.9||6.7|
|Total other non-current liabilities||8.3||9.6|
|Provisions for operating risks||35.8||35.1|
|Other non-current provisions||8.6||13.0|
|Total non-current provisions||44.4||48.1|
|Total other non-current liabilities and provisions||52.7||57.7|
Movements of the provisions for operating risks in 2018 and 2017 are shown in the following table.
|Provisions for operating risks|
|Changes in scope of consolidation||0.0||-0.2|
Provisions for operating risks mainly include provisions for warranties. The payments for the warranty claims delay on average 3.7 years (PY: 4.0 years).
In 2018, the item “Used” includes payments for a claim that is almost completely covered by insurance.
|Other non-current provisions|
In 2018, this position includes the non-current portion of the restructuring provision of MCHF 2.6 (PY: MCHF 8.8) for the French restructuring measures in 2017. In 2017 the line item “Used” includes mainly payments in relation to this provision. For a detailed explanation, see Note 13.